Saturday, October 13, 2012

Energy Drinks!

Hey there! I'm hyped up on Caffeine!

So Today was kinda productive on my end, and I apologize to Jared for being sidetracked.

I got 2 of the maps done! the first of 2 is a small map that has some enemies and some doors that are opened with a new type of switch. one that is activated with the Space/A button not like the other switches that are elemental. The second is a bit bigger when compared to the first but still only contains Switches.

These only contain regular switches that have to  be manually activated because you start with ONLY the sword in the finished game. the first item you get is the Fire Eball which activates fire switches. so I theoretically COULD change the switches to fire switches in the second dungeon... but BLAH whatever.

I also started working on finishing the Code for the map maker so that it loads the map, cause I hate starting from scratch every time. i'm still writing the long number parsing for the switches so until that's done the maps are basically the 3 we have.

This weekend me and Jared are going to be going over Interact-able things like wall switches, Chests and NPC's(maybe? not set in stone, but might be a help.)  we're also going to sit down and fix the event system with Switches and doors. cause I suck at programming and that was the easiest way to get it done, so now we can come up with some ingenious way of doing tiles.

That's the Shpeal with Armor Potions. I'm also kinda working on a side project. if you want to read more its after the break:

Ive recently been into developing for android, so I have my first app in the works. its not amazing yet, but Its a start, i'm using libgdx so I can test things on the computer

This is a input test on the computer, I have packaged it into an APK and also run it on my Nexus 7 so I know it works on android, it will be fun to see it in action when its done.

The game I had originally intended to make was a space trading/combat game. Its an old concept from a while ago called cosmic frontier. But because of my lack of technical expertise I wasn't able to come anywhere near finishing it i'm thinking i'm going to take another shot at it though.

This time Im going to work on it untill I have a working demo out and then make the APK downloadable for Free see if I can get anyone interested.

I also came up with a brand new Idea that I've been fleshing out that I don't have a name for yet. For right now its "Dungeon Something" until I come up with a name. but this one is getting filed for later use. It will be mad fun though, this one has me excited to hurry up and finish Armor Potions and Cosmic Frontier so i can start on it.

We'll see how things go the next few days :D

No comments:

Post a Comment